Sunday, June 23, 2013

Quarteira to Olhao via Faro

Went back to sleep after the dogs, bird horses, and chickens woke me me up at 5am. Man they are loud.
Finally hit the the road at 10.30 and was in a sort of pissed off mound. Decided to go to Faro. On the way hooked up with this old guy who was on a racer. In said good morning to him and he replied good morning back and that was it , we were riding partners for the next 30 kilometres. I didn't ask how old he was but he must of been in his 60s going 70s. I could see he was holding back for me on the hills but on the straights I kept up. Soon the kilometre past and when we hit Faro I wanted to offer him a drink but before I had a chance he pointed towards the beach front. That was it, my riding partner was off. I shouted thanks and he just gave a salute. A unsaid companionship that crosses age and race. Nothing more nothing less. Then I remembered I wasn't pissed off anymore.

Here are some photos of Faro old town..

No comments:

Post a Comment