Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A room with a view in Santander

The ferry from Portsmouth to Santander was super smooth but seemed to take forever. The weather was great and my bald head took the brunt of the sun's rays. So I have had my first reminder to take extra care.

There is not a lot to really do on a 26 hours ferry crossing other than eat, drink and take the piss out of each other. So we made friends with complete strangers instead. One chap we meet was Mat who is a cattle farmer from Yorkshire. A complete gentleman and a top laugh. So last night we had three or four drinks with him and his wife. We also had great conversations with other couples who were happy to tell us their life stories which helped pass the time.

We arrived in Santander in great shape and found our b&b with the help from some locals. My broken Spanish at least made sense at some level with the locals. After booking in to the room and securing the bikes Jay and I took a walk around. One of the pieces of kit I wanted to buy before leaving the uk was a really good zipped hoodie / fleece. I did find one from North face but could not bring myself to give £80 for it but walking around Santander tonight made me wish I had not been so tight fisted. Reminder.. Buy a good flees tomorrow. It gets cold at night.

I leave you with a little picture of a church view from our bed room window at the Plaza pombo who's WiFi is greatly appreciated .

No comments:

Post a Comment