Saturday, June 29, 2013

Marbella and the Costa Del Sol

Today I rode in to Marbella and I was surprised to find that this popular holiday resort seems to retain a lot of its Mediterranean charm. I was half expecting a complete sellout to the tourist but found this Spanish Rivera to hold on to it roots. Its clear to see that Marbella is the top end of the holiday market on the Costa Del Sol with plenty of flashy cars, girls, guys and expensive bars. I was also surprised  to hear a lot of Americans. As I rode along the beach front with all the joggers, power walkers and cyclists all in the pursuit of fighting off the ageing process, me included I found it a chilled and relaxed environment and if the pocket was deep enough could easily find myself spending time living hear. Having said that waking up to the site of sun, sand and sea is clearly better than the grey cloudy days I've become used to. There is still many miles to travel and at the moment I'm enjoying the half time break.


No comments:

Post a Comment