Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Costa da Caparica to Priaia da Gale via Setubal ferry

Today started wet, what's new. So started late making the most of my cheap hotel room. Hit the road at 11am and it was still raining. I got lost at the start due to the fact that in Almada there is a lot of motorways which bikes can not use so ended up going round in circles for a bit. Finally hit the N10 which is the road to Setubal. There are nicer roads but it was wet and I wanted to push on. The thing that stuck out today was meeting really nice people. It started with a Brazilian couple who had just opened their restaurant. Viviane kindly let me used their WiFi and made me two very nice coffees. Good luck with the restaurant.. Then I met Joist from the Netherlands who is also a fellow bike rider and we rode for about two hours together until our paths went different ways. Joist is a pilot and was telling me how he navigates using the sun. So today I learnt some very useful information. Then I met two old guys who looked after the plants in Setubal park. We chatted for a while about where I was going etc and then I met Jorge at a petrol station cafe. He was on a mountain bike and was out for a days cycling. He also love Bond movies. Really knew a lot about the films. So all in all a good days ride. Also I'm in a really nice camping site by the sea. Might stay for a day if the weather is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment