Sunday, July 21, 2013

War in Spain.

I stayed in Azul Camping last night which is right on the beach and very popular with the French windsurfing crowed. After tasking in some sun on a super windy beach for a few hours it was time to have a bite to eat and off to bed.

Has war broken out in Spain I thought to myself when at 5am I was woken by the sound of mortar shells going off. At first I thought I was dreaming but when I opened my eyes and could still hear the shells going off, I started to think something bad was happening. It was that loud deep sound that you might hear in the Alps when they fire mortars in to mountains to prevent avalanche. Then I could hear rapid fire, like anti aircraft 50 cal going off. Now my mind was racing and thoughts of me being told that war had broken out and some guy handing me a riffle. I got out of tent and it was still dark. I could still hear the big bangs going but I had to go to the bathroom first. If I'm going to fight at least I won't be busting to go to the toilet when someone us shooting at me.
As I come back from the call of nature I could still hear the bangs but could not see anything. So I went to the beach where I knew I would have a better look out post. I climbed the beach dune with trepidation. After all we are at war. As I reached the top I could see a group of four people all ready on the beach looking into the distance. One guy was taking photos and the others were busy chatting and watching a firework display.. Who in there right mind has a firework display at 5am. I did think it might of been a firework factory that was on fire? At least war had not broken out which made me feel a lot better so off back to bed I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment