Thursday, July 11, 2013

Back on the road

MooSo my little holiday from my holiday has come to an end. I said my good byes and hit the road with a plan to go to Granada. So off I headed to Malaga train station and when I arrived went straight to the ticket office, where I was told that I needed to leave the building and go some place other. Not really sure where the guy meant but ended up just riding instead. After all it is a riding holiday.

I followed the N340 which follows the coast. Heading towards Nerja you climb coastal mountain roads and every hairpin the twisty turns take you higher until you can see the Sierras Nevada mountains. After seven hours of sweating like I mad man in what must be hells kitchen while climbing 24% gradient I had to think about stopping. Going on further would be just be madness. I decided to stop at Motril. This quite large town looks to be mainly industrial but I have found that they do have beaches and they have a camping site too.

So tomorrow I'm heading to Granada thru the Sierras which I know will be amazing And I promise to take photos, not like today's weak effort using the nexus 7 camera..

So as I started my ride this morning I remembered the generosity of the people that put up with me over the last two weeks and how they opened their homes and hearts to me. Although this is my choice ttfo ride solo around Europe on a bike the solitude can be hard to take at times.
I hope that the new friends become the old friends that have made me feel part of their family

No comments:

Post a Comment