Thursday, July 18, 2013

Doing nothing

Sometimes the only thing to do Is do nothing. When i say nothing i mean no cycling. So I've spent the day catching up with family and friends but mostly sitting on the beach watch the world go past quietly reflecting and looking towards my next route and where that will lead.

My journey over the sierras were breathtaking and challenging all at the same time. When faced with a mountain road that seems to be endless and heat that feels scorching, it pushes you physically and mentally. It teaches you things about yourself that you could not of known before. I remember climbing one mountain sweating like I've never sweated before. My own breath felt hotter than a hair dryer and I was close to the top and as I turned the corner thinking it was the end I saw it continued for about half again. It's these situations that teach you something new about yourself. 

So as I lay here on the Costa Blanca I thank you Sierras Nevada's for your stunning beauty and challenging climbs and u look forward to my next challenge whatever that my be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment