Thursday, May 9, 2013

Do I Really Need That?

With less than three weeks to go before I set off, I thought it would be a good idea to see what is what. So this weekend I took out everything I have got so far and put it out on the floor. 
At first glance it didn't look that much but when I started putting it into the panniers I soon found out that this small amount of equipment weighs a lot. The Tent is not there nor is a medical kit, wash bag for my personal hygiene and a bike repair kit. I've not even added water or food. 

The total weight of the bike and the kit you see in the picture comes in at 6 stone, that's about 38 kilos. Although there is more to add I don't want to go over 40 kilos. So I need to lose some bits. So the question I ask myself is.... Do I really Need That. 

No comments:

Post a Comment